Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween Everyone, Time For Treats


It's here, my favorite Holiday of the year, give me an H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n, what's that spell? Halloween, Yay! This year I have decided to celebrate All Hallows Eve by having familiar faces pop by and chime in on the Season of the Witch...

Including myself. I love horror movies and my contribution to this column on the most holy of days will be images from my favorite horror movie of all time: John Carpenter's Halloween.

Michael Myers scared the crap out of me, I used to see his white emotionless face appear in the dark for a few years after I first saw the movie! Eeeeeeeeeeeek! So let's get this Dead Man's Party started, shall we? Treat time people!

"I'd re-animate Vlad the impaler. He could show Isis how a pro does it".- Stuart Gordon Writer/Director "Re-Animator" & "Re-Animator The Musical"

"I love sweet tarts which are probably too old fashioned for kids today. It's got this chalky taste that's closer to children's aspirin (which I also love) than candy. I like the candy that everyone hates like candy corn, butterscotch, sweet tarts. And I hate bobbing for apples. That seems dangerous and not delicious." - Margaret Cho Comedian/Writer/Actress

"My favorite thing about Halloween was trading the candy I got from trick or treating for things I actually wanted, because I didn't like candy." - Avi Kaplan Pentatonix
Jamie Lee Curtis Will Cut You!


"We started celebrating Halloween in September haha. We go to the library & get all Halloween stories & start watching Halloween movies. This year were setting up a Halloween tree & making all our own costumes. It's visually festive. We're obsessed!!" -  James Durbin Singer/Songwriter/American Idol Finalist 

"Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday!!  I grew up doing theatre, so it's basically the one time of the year you can be overly theatrical and dress up and the better you do it the cooler you are, haha.  I also just love scary movies and going to themed events like haunted houses, theme parks, parties, etc.  It's all just super fun and scary!" - Kirstin Maldonado Pentatonix

"Um...free chocolate...all you have to do is get dressed up for fun. Yea...I'm all in!" - Raine Brown Actress/Producer/Scream Queen

"My favorite thing about Halloween is getting a group together and going to haunted houses. I looooove being scared with my best friends!"  - Scott Hoying Pentatonix

Everybody Run! It's Michael Myers!
"I LOVE Halloween.  It's my favorite holiday between the costumes and the ghost stories.  I dress up every year and I find that somehow whatever my costume it sort of takes over me and becomes a part of my spirit that defines each year... I like making my costumes myself too; not sewing them or anything but combining the parts in a way that's unique and not just buying something ready made.  Oh and here in LA I insist on going on the Haunted Hayride in Griffith Park!" - Naama Kates Singer/Songwriter/Actress "Souled"

"To be honest, I usually stay in and watch a movie or hang out with friends at their home lol. But maybe I’ll try something fun this year this Halloween!" Kevin “K.O.” Olusola Cellist, Beatboxer - Pentatonix

"Love me a handful of candy corn, a sparkly magical costume and a bunch of great friends! Kids at my door cutie pies in costumes, party time! That's what I love about Halloween!" - EG Daily Singer/Songwriter/Actress 

"I grew up doing theatre, like Kirstie, so playing dress-up has always been fun for me! I love the decorating aspect of Halloween, too. The kitschier the better!" - Mitchell C. Grassi Pentatonix

"The DRAMA!! lol!" - Aiden Leslie Singer/Songwriter

Look Behind You Babysitter!
"My favorite part of Halloween is the 364 days before when my 5 year old twins try on costumes in preparation".- Cindy Alexander Singer/Songwriter

"I love to go to the Day of the Dead festival at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. It's a wonderful taste of loving Mexican culture," - Sir JET Gender Bending Pop Singer

"The look on a kid's face when they walk in with SO much candy."- Debby Holiday Singer/Songwriter

"I love the spirit of Halloween! Dressing up, eating candies and having a great time with your family and friends" - Grace Valerie Singer/Songwriter


"My favorite thing about Halloween is probably Elvira’s boobs. I mean, they are life giving. A close second is making sure to watch Michael Jackson’s, “Thriller”, from start to finish - and dancing that amazing choreography full out because you know, it’s “thriller, thriller night, and no one’s gonna save you from the beast about to strike.” Matthew Duffy Singer/Dancer/Perfomer 
We Know It's You Michael
"My favorite thing about Halloween is that my birthday is a few days after." - Monique Parent Actress/Scream Queen
"I'm not Wednesday Addams, but I've always been a night owl with a flair for the macabre. Halloween is the one time I can feel truly at home. Add in some chocolate...perfection!" - M.E. Franco Author, The Dion Series
"Dancing to Necroditty! And remember boys and girls...Lloyd is still out there!" - The Drews, Americana With Twisted Roots Band
"I'll be at Comikaze the whole day on Halloween at our booth 161 Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum" - Huston Huddleston Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum Head Honcho
Get your spook on at: http://www.halloween-website.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment