Saturday, October 10, 2015

40 Years Of "Rocky Horror"

Toucha, Toucha, Touch...Us
The Cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
I could not pass up running this photo from Entertainment Weekly's reunion of The Rocky Horror Picture Show cast forty years later, and still going strong. It's the movie that will never die and how appropriate considering the time of year it is.

By the time I got to see it, at age eighteen when I was able to without a parent or guardian, it was already a cult film on the midnight circuit. With people acting it out in front of the screen and using props at various points throughout it. My favorite thing was throwing the toilet paper rolls and calling out "virgin" at the obvious newbies attending. Something about yelling "virgin" at someone is quite entertaining to me.

Needless to say The Rocky Horror Picture Show shaped a lot of how I view the world around me today, meaning I have a great sense of humor!

With it recently turning the big 40 cast members Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, Meat Loaf and Patricia Quinn reunited for a photo shoot and discussion of the cultural phenomenon.

So raise a glass propose a toast and have some Meat Loaf while you're at it...!

Happy Rocky Horror Saturday!

Come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab at: 
http://www.rockyhorror.com/            

No comments:

Post a Comment